This is a significant week for the team at Papertrail, launching the new and improved mobile applications, starting with iOS, the most popular mobile operating system used by the Papertrail community. The roll out of the improved android application will follow over the coming days.
You can download the apps from…
the iOS App Store
the Android Play Store
- The Papertrail mobile applications provide users with the ability to update inspections offline, take photos and report faults. Current improved functionality includes:
Improved sync performance – allowing access to real time data is important. No longer do you need to remember to press the sync button, providing there is internet access inspections are uploaded providing real time collaboration.
- View images and PDF (uploads) – for many businesses it’s important that everyone has access to the right documentation and information where ever they are. Any record upload, such as PDF documents or inspection instructions are now all available to view from within the mobile application.
- Scanning – not necessarily a new feature, but increasingly we are seeing more businesses use barcodes and RFID to close the loop on potential human error, and ensure teams are updating the correct record for the specific piece of equipment. A wide variety of barcodes including the Petzl data matrix can now be scanned.
What about the future….
We are constantly developing new and enhanced functionally for the mobile app, from push notifications to the ability to edit and add new records to the management system. The first feature to be launched will be an integration with Papertrail manufacturer partners for adding new records straight into the Papertrail account from either the DMM or Singing Rock mobile application.
Further partners are to be announced soon, to provide similar functionality.
Remember to sync your device before downloading the new mobile app, the Papertrail support team are always at hand should you require assistance.
- Data syncs automatically when the app is active and there is an internet connection.
- View the full history (activities) on a record (with an internet connection).
- Add multiple inspections at once, but with an inspection form per record being inspected.
- Add/edit record name, inspection dates, frequency, comments and all fields (serial, manufacturer etc…)
- View photos/PDF’s from the app (with an internet connection)
Those acquainted with wind power know that operating turbines is in fact dependent on split-second reactions and rapid responses to changing conditions. This requirement for operational flexibility has grown as the renewables energy industry has sought to bring down operations and maintenance (O&M) costs and thereby reduce the levelised cost of wind energy (LCOE).
The move from reactive to preventive or even predictive maintenance regimes, which have been shown to cut costs by 24% and 47% respectively, has forced wind farm operators to embrace new data-driven technologies and processes that improve efficiency.
Mastering the rapid exchange of detailed, accurate turbine operations data is critical for improving power output, reducing downtime and delivering meaningful management reports, all of which can have a very significant impact on wind farm profitability.
Read more in the Papertrail white paper…
Every client who signs-up to Papertrail is given an initial free 20-minute demonstration with our product specialist to see how we can support your compliance, efficiency and safety goals.
Our Demos imply no obligation but are a good way to see how our software solutions and apps will benefit your organisation. Before coming on a Demo, have a think about how our services could be useful. For example:
- Do you use a lot of safety equipment or kit that needs regular inspections to ensure everyone using it is safe
- Does your organisation have a range of compliance legislation that involves paperwork every year?
- In your place(s) of work, does health and safety potentially impact: workers, contractors, or the general public?
- Do you have assets, or are you managing assets that can cause serious headaches if they break or need repairs?
- Are you looking to increase operational efficiency, reduce operational budgets, whilst maintaining a strong health and safety culture?
Papertrail could be the answer. We work with hundreds of organisations’ across the world, from small businesses to multi-nationals, to ensure their compliance activities are simplified, minimise risk and stay safe. Your safety is our business. We are on a mission to protect your team, contractors and customers from avoidable risk.
Read our Blog to find out more about how we work across a wide range of sectors.
Book a Demo Today: https://www.papertrail.io/uk/book-demo
On 20 April 2010, whilst drilling an exploratory well at a depth of 5,000 feet, around 41 miles off the south-east coast of Louisiana, disaster struck BP Deepwater Horizon. The explosion and subsequent destruction of the oil well caused 11 deaths and billions worth of natural and economic damage along the Gulf of Mexico. Continue Reading…
Creating operational efficiencies is a core service offering at Papertrail. We pride ourselves on finding ways to reduce compliance, asset management and health and safety costs. The more clients save, the more they can drive forward innovation and generate healthy profits.