Since 2013, Papertrail has been developing Inspection management systems for clients; to date over 5 million inspections have been carried out by our users using Papertrail, an achievement that we are proud of and a number that is growing ever larger each day!
We are not resting on our laurels and letting this grow ‘organically’, in fact, we are even more motivated to continue the development of the right features, in conjunction with our users and safety managers and inspectors, to use in their workplace.
The Papertrail platform will have Task Manager – the facility to create tasks to evidence corrective and preventative actions
Llanfairfechan – 25 May 2017 – The forthcoming Task Manager functionality will enable users to create tasks to evidence corrective and preventative actions, thus providing enhanced support to quality management systems already in place.
Tasks can be created on any record to aid other team members to see what actions need to be undertaken and when completed. Users will be notified and be able to see what tasks along with any inspections are scheduled. All completed tasks and notes are evidenced with the entire record history.
“The Papertrail team see many ‘to-do’ list apps in use whilst undertaking inspections and since the news that Wunderlist is no longer going to be supported by Microsoft we decided to incorporate the option to create, assign and set deadlines on tasks on individual records” commented Ben Scholes, CEO and Co-Founder.
Task Manager is scheduled to be available in Beta week commencing 1 June 2017, and the Papertrail development team would be grateful if your organisation would trial the Beta version, FREE of charge for a short period of time. In return we would be grateful for all feedback and comments.
The Papertrail platform was created out of the need to find an easier way to keep accurate records and demonstrate compliance for equipment inspections and audits.
Today, industry-leading partners, SMEs to larger enterprise and public sector organisations and their staff and contractors trust Papertrail to drive business efficiencies and optimise compliance by managing equipment inspections, certification and safety records.
Press contact information
This is a significant week for the team at Papertrail, launching the new and improved mobile applications, starting with iOS, the most popular mobile operating system used by the Papertrail community. The roll out of the improved android application will follow over the coming days.
You can download the apps from…
the iOS App Store
the Android Play Store
- The Papertrail mobile applications provide users with the ability to update inspections offline, take photos and report faults. Current improved functionality includes:
Improved sync performance – allowing access to real time data is important. No longer do you need to remember to press the sync button, providing there is internet access inspections are uploaded providing real time collaboration.
- View images and PDF (uploads) – for many businesses it’s important that everyone has access to the right documentation and information where ever they are. Any record upload, such as PDF documents or inspection instructions are now all available to view from within the mobile application.
- Scanning – not necessarily a new feature, but increasingly we are seeing more businesses use barcodes and RFID to close the loop on potential human error, and ensure teams are updating the correct record for the specific piece of equipment. A wide variety of barcodes including the Petzl data matrix can now be scanned.
What about the future….
We are constantly developing new and enhanced functionally for the mobile app, from push notifications to the ability to edit and add new records to the management system. The first feature to be launched will be an integration with Papertrail manufacturer partners for adding new records straight into the Papertrail account from either the DMM or Singing Rock mobile application.
Further partners are to be announced soon, to provide similar functionality.
Remember to sync your device before downloading the new mobile app, the Papertrail support team are always at hand should you require assistance.
- Data syncs automatically when the app is active and there is an internet connection.
- View the full history (activities) on a record (with an internet connection).
- Add multiple inspections at once, but with an inspection form per record being inspected.
- Add/edit record name, inspection dates, frequency, comments and all fields (serial, manufacturer etc…)
- View photos/PDF’s from the app (with an internet connection)
Ensuring equipment is calibrated according to industry or manufacturer standards is not easy. Calibration tools exist to test that high-value equipment is working according to a known set of operational standards.
Myself and the team at Papertrail are proud of our adventure background and fiercely proud of helping keep people safe along with our environmental responsibilities. When we took the concept of Papertrail to reality, the solution we had in mind was to deliver:
- A technology that reduced the amount of paper being used in the trail of inspections for checking assets and safety procedures. The risk being loss of paper, or too much paper used, wasn’t just bad for the environment but it also increased risk with too many human steps in the process.
- A solution that made the whole inspection process a lot easier and therefore we could do more with the limited time we had. This was a fact of life, not enough time, too many tasks!
- Because of the insurance implications and regulatory pressures, the solution was to improve accountability and increase information transparency. This didn’t just speed up time of delivering what was needed and reduce frustration, it also demonstrated control.
Natural wind consumes the lion’s share of renewable energy investments in the UK. Between 2010 and 2014, £14.6 billion was invested, with a further £20 billion expected until 2020.
Consequently, renewables have already shown the ability to contribute 25% of the UK’s energy mix. In 2015, green energy generated more electricity than nuclear and coal for an entire quarter.
Papertrail is constant evolving and improving. Our development team has been hard at work since day one, making Papertrail easy-to-use and implement for customers who want an immediate improvement in their ROI.
It has been over forty years since a generation of Mad Men and technology industry commentators coined the phrase, a ‘paperless office.’ They imagined a future where paper documents would be history, with everything stored and shared digitally.
It was quite a vision, considering that virtually every piece of hardware and software required to make an office paperless was yet to be invented. Since then, the technology sector and entrepreneurs have made it possible for businesses to function without paper.
Renewable energy is increasingly popular across Europe and the rest of the world. In the UK alone, renewables – wind, solar, bioenergy – account for 20% of the UK’s energy mix. In 2015, green energy generated more electricity than nuclear and coal for a whole quarter.
Indeed, the now-historic Paris climate deal, signed at the COP 21: UN climate change conference in December 2015, could not have taken place if countries and private industry weren’t already committed to renewable energy. Continue Reading…
Papertrail has gone through many stages of development, from our earliest version to the more mature, multifunctional product we have today. A lot of hard work ensures that Papertrail combines the simplicity that sole traders value, with the power and features that multinational corporations can’t manage without, including management and oversight of core business activities. Continue Reading…